Herb Stuffed Chicken Breasts
|Low fat cream cheese||3 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped mint/3/4 teaspoon dried mint||1 Tablespoon|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast halves||1 1⁄2 Pound (4 Pieces)|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Marinara sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Prepared)|
1. Trim off all the excess fat from the chicken breasts using a sharp meat knife or scissors.
2. Separate the long fillet from each breast and reserve for other use.
3. With the tip of a sharp knife, make a deep slit from the rounded end in each fillet to make a pocket.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
5. To make the stuffing in a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese with the garlic, parsley, mint, salt, and pepper.
6. Spoon about a quarter of the stuffing into each pocket and tightly pack to prevent it from falling out.
7. Weave long wooden toothpicks or skewers through the edges of the open end of the pocket to secure and fasten each chicken breast.
8. Arrange the stuffed chicken breasts on a roasting rack over a roasting pan
9. Baste them with oil.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, until tender and juices run clear.
11. Just before serving, transfer under a hot broiler for about 5 minutes; basting the chicken breasts with oil.
12. Slice each breast at a slant and serve with or without a sauce.
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.2 mg33.7%
Sodium 507.4 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.6%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 43 g86.1%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 22.7%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet