Soy Flavored Chicken
|Frying chicken||3 Pound, cut up|
|Sake||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into wedges|
|Canned bamboo shoots||5 Ounce, drained (3/4 Cup)|
|Canned sliced water chestnuts||5 Ounce, drained (2/3 Cup)|
1) Chop the chicken to even pieces.
2) Take a baking dish and combine salt, pepper, sake, soy sauce and onion.
3) Arrange the chicken pieces in the dish with their skin side down.
4) Cover with wax paper and cook for 28 minutes, tossing over the chicken once.
5) Transfer the chicken on serving platter.
6) Add a mixture of cornstarch, sugar and water to juices.
7) Cover and cook for 2 minutes, stirring once.
8) Sprinkle bamboo shoots and water chestnuts.
9) Cook for 2 minutes, stirring once.
10) Serve the chicken with rice.
Calories 829 Calories from Fat 463
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g79%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255.1 mg85%
Sodium 1313.4 mg54.7%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 67 g133.6%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 15.4%
Calcium 49.8% Iron 37.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet