Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Apricots Bourbon and Pecans
|Chicken breast halves||4 , skinned|
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Pound|
|Bourbon||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Teaspoon|
|Safflower oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped|
|Tomato paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), toasted|
|Scallion||1 , cut into 2-inch-long pieces and thinly sliced|
1) Mix the apricots with the bourbon and 1/4 cup of the stock and marinate for eight hours or overnight. Else heat bourbon and 1/4 cup of the stock and bring to a boil, then turn off the heat and immerse the apricots in the liquid for about 10 minutes till they become soft.
2) In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat and stir fry one side of chicken breasts for about four minutes until lightly colored.
3) Toss them over, season with salt and pepper and sauté for four minutes on the second side.
4) Save the bourbon and stock from the apricots after draining and pour 1/2 cup over the chicken.
5) Reduce the heat to low after adding remaining 1/2 cup of stock and cook for about five minutes until the chicken feels firm but soft to touch.
6) Take a plate and transfer the chicken to it covering with aluminum foil to keep it warm.
7) To the skillet, add apricots and shallot and cook for two minutes.
8) Add in the tomato paste and mustard, stirring occasionally and allow the sauce mixture to simmer for three minutes.
9) Put the breasts back to the skillet and heat them for a minute or two.
10) Take a warmed serving platter and arrange the chicken and the apricots on it.
11) Pour the sauce over the chicken, add the pecans and scallion and serve hot.
Calories 653 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.4%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.5 mg18.2%
Sodium 492.9 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.2%
Sugars 32.4 g
Protein 27 g53%
Vitamin A 44.8% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 8% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet