|Broiler fryer chicken||2 , cut into pieces|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , sliced|
1) In a deep kettle with tight-fitting lid, put chicken.
2) Pour in water, bay leaves, onion, celery, salt, pepper and thyme.
3) Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 40-50 minutes.
4) Strain broth and reserve 2 1/2 cups.
5) Add flour to 1/2 cup cooled stock and beat to smooth.
6) In the remaining stock, add lemon slices.
7) Slowly add flour mixture to stock, stirring constantly and cook until thickened.
8) Place chicken inside the stock and heat.
9) Serve by garnishing with para-ley.