Classic Chicken Gravy
|Chicken stock||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
1. Cook the chicken and set aside
2. Collect the pan juices to make the stock
3. Place the tin on medium heat to heat the pan juices through.
4. Add a little of the stock to deglaze the pan. Stir up all the sticky bits on the bottom of the pan and ensure that they are incorporated in to the gravy.
5. Pour the prepared gravy into a separating jug to remove the fat or pour the liquid into a bowl with a handful of ice cubes. The fat floats to the surface and can be discarded
6. Pour the remaining liquid into saucepan and heat to a medium heat.
7. Whisk in the roux a little at a time while the sauce is still on the heat. This will cause the sauce to thicken very slightly. Heat the sauce only for 2-3 mins
8. Season to taste
9. Just before serving, strain the gravy through a fine sieve and serve in a gravy boat.