|Chicken stock||3 Pint (1.75 Liter/ 8 Cups)|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Cooked chicken||4 Ounce, thinly sliced (125 Gram)|
1. Place the chicken stock and sherry in a large saucepan and heat gently for 5 minutes.
2. Add the egg whites and the egg shells to the chicken stock and whisk until the mixture begins to boil.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to subside for 10 minutes. Repeat this process three times. This allows the egg white to trap the sediments in the chicken stock to clarify the soup. Let the consomme cool for 5 minutes.
4. Carefully place a piece of fine muslin (cheesecloth) over a clean saucepan. Ladle the soup over the muslin and strain into the saucepan.
5. Repeat this process twice, then gently reheat the consomme. Season with salt and pepper to taste then add the cooked chicken slices. Pour the soup into a warm serving dish or individual bowls.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 931 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.9%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 131.6 mg43.9%
Sodium 3503.8 mg146%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 0.03 g0.13%
Sugars 23.6 g
Protein 77 g153.9%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet