|Chicken stock||3 Pint (1.75 Liter/ 8 Cups)|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Cooked chicken||4 Ounce, thinly sliced (125 Gram)|
1. Place the chicken stock and sherry in a large saucepan and heat gently for 5 minutes.
2. Add the egg whites and the egg shells to the chicken stock and whisk until the mixture begins to boil.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to subside for 10 minutes. Repeat this process three times. This allows the egg white to trap the sediments in the chicken stock to clarify the soup. Let the consomme cool for 5 minutes.
4. Carefully place a piece of fine muslin (cheesecloth) over a clean saucepan. Ladle the soup over the muslin and strain into the saucepan.
5. Repeat this process twice, then gently reheat the consomme. Season with salt and pepper to taste then add the cooked chicken slices. Pour the soup into a warm serving dish or individual bowls.