1. Pat the whole chicken dry.
2. Add the onion into the chicken cavity and tie the legs together with thread.
3. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
4. Rub oil thoroughly over the chicken.
5. Season with salt and pepper .
6. Add the chicken to a baking tray and add potatoes to the sides.
7. Drizzle some oil over the potatoes.
8. Pop into the oven for 1 1/4 hours.
9. After 1 1/4 hours, poke the juiciest part of the chicken with a skewer and if the juices run clear, the chicken is done.
10. Cut the chicken, plate and serve as main course.
Check out this incredible video that shares some great ideas to use oven roasted chicken in a variety of meals. The video presents a whole roasted chicken recipe that is versatile and an ultimate task that would make it easier to manage your weekly food menu. It is definitely a must watch and worth giving a try!