Cooking With Socalgrrrl05: Chicken Parmigiana
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg white||2 Large, slightly beaten|
|Panko breadcrumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (any other breadcrumbs)|
|Boneless and skinless chicken breasts||4 (halves)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Non stick cooking spray||2 Dash|
|Tomato basil pasta sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (jarred)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), shredded (about 3 ounces)|
|Pasta||250 Gram (1 packet)|
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt and oregano. Place the egg whites in a bowl.
3. Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish and set those in order.
4. Dredge 1 chicken breast in the flour mix and then dip in the egg whites and dredge in the bread crumbs. Repeat with the 3 other chicken breasts and set aside.
5. In a large oven-proof skillet on medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on one side.
6. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, turn the chicken and cook on the other side for 2 minutes.
7. Coat the chicken with cooking spray and place the pan in the oven. Bake at 450 degrees F for 5 minutes.
8. In a kettle, boil the water and cook the pasta.
9. Remove the pan from the oven and turn the chicken over. Top the chicken with 2 tablespoons of sauce, 2 tablespoons of parmesan and 3 tablespoons of mozzarella.
10. Bake the chicken for additional 6 minutes or until done.
11. On a serving plate spread the pasta, place over the chicken and serve.
Calories 695 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.9%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.1 mg41.4%
Sodium 716.2 mg29.8%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 62 g124.9%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 37.7% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet