|Chicken||4 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Bacon slices||5 , cut in slices|
|Mushrooms/1 can mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Green pepper||3⁄4 , sliced|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a large casserole or heavy bottomed skillet, sauté the bacon until brown and crisp.
2. Remove and drain.
3. To the drippings, add the butter and melt.
4. Add the chicken pieces and brown on both sides.
5. Remove chicken onto a platter.
6. Add the onions, peppers and mushroom to the juices in the skillet and sauté until onion in golden brown.
7. Blend the flour and water and add to the skillet stirring to blend well.
8. Return the chicken and bacon to the skillet and gently stir.
9. Cover with a lid and reduce the flame to low.
10. Simmer the chicken for 1 ½ hours until fork tender.
11. Serve the stew with mashed potatoes or crusty bread.