Fusilli With Chicken And Rosemary
|Skinless, boneless chicken breasts||1 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), cut into quarters|
|Chopped fresh rosemary/1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light cream/Half and half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a kettle or a stockpot, bring to boil water with 1 tablespoon of salt.
2) Wash the chicken breast in cold water and pat dry it with paper towels. Trim the chicken and throw away all the fat. Cut breasts into small squares measuring about ½-inch.
3) In a skillet, melt the butter and add garlic. With back of a wooden spoon, pres the garlic and run all over the pan’s surface. Cook till the garlic has turned nut brown. Take it out then and discard.
4) Raise the flame to high and add the chicken pieces. Stir and toss consistently to brown the chicken on all sides quickly. This takes about 2 minutes.
5) Add the rosemary alongwith a cup of cream. Bring heat down to low.
6) Stir in ½ cup cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat and place cover on the pan.
7) In boiling water, cook the fusilli till it has tendered enough but is not mushy. Drain.
8) Serve pasta hot after warming the sauce over medium flame pouring it all over the pasta. Add more grated cheese if desired.
If the sauce gets too thick, ½ cup of cream can be added to it.