Country Fried Chicken
|Spring chicken||2 3⁄4 Pound (1 Chicken)|
1. A day prior to cooking dress and joint the chickens.
2. In a large basin of cold salted water, soak the chicken for 1 hour.
3. 15 minutes before cooking, place chicken pieces over ice.
4. Preheat the oven to 300 degree F
5. Dredge the chicken pieces with seasoned flour.
6. In a large skillet, or casserole, heat oil.
7. Brown the chicken nicely and season well.
8. Pour a little water and drizzle melted butter over the chicken pieces.
9. Transfer the browned chicken into the oven and roast for 1 to 1 ½ hours until crisp and brown. Turn the pieces occasionally and add water to prevent the chicken from drying.
10. Serve the chicken with a gravy made using the scrapings left in the roasting pan