Sauteed Chicken with Mustard Caraway Seeds and Chervil
|Chicken breast halves||7 Pound, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness (4 Breast Halves)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dijon mustard||3 Tablespoon|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh chervil/Chopped fresh parsley||5 Tablespoon|
|Dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Safflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tart green apples||3 , cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices|
|Apple cider||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Unfiltered)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Drizzle salt and pepper over the chicken.
2) Take a small bowl and combine caraway seeds, 4 tablespoons of chervil, mustard, and yogurt. Lavishly, coat the chicken breasts with the mixture.
3) Now, immediately put the chicken in breadcrumbs and roll to evenly coat the crumbs. Place the breasts in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes or maximum for an hour.
4) After the stipulated time, remove the chicken breasts from the refrigerator and set aside.
5) Take a large, heavy bottomed skillet and place it over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and oil.
6) Now, put the chicken breasts in the heated skillet. Saute for about 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time.
7) In the meantime, take another heavy bottomed skillet and place over medium heat. Melt remaining butter in the skillet.
8) Next, stir apple slices and saute for 4-5 minutes, flipping occasionally. Pour aquavit or kummel, if desired, and simmer until it evaporates.
9) Further, add lemon juice, cider, and pepper. Simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
10) Put the apples on one side of the skillet and blend in the cream. Simmer for about 2 minutes.
11) Simmer the cream sauce for about 2-3 minutes, until it thickens
12) Transfer the chicken to a hot platter. Lift the apples from the skillet and place them around the chicken breasts.
13) Pour sauce over chicken breasts and apple and garnish with chervil or parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.