Curried Chicken Classic
|Chicken strips||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Unblanched toasted almonds||2 3⁄4 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Cut chicken into strips and set aside.
2. Coarsely chop toasted almonds and set aside.
3. Clean and slice mushrooms.
4. Melt butter or margarine in a chafing pan (or large skillet) over direct heat.
5. Add mushrooms to chafing pan with onion and celery.
6. Cook until vegetables are tender and mushrooms are delicately browned, stirring occasionally. Blend in a mixture of flour, curry powder and salt.
7. Heat until mixture bubbles, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Gradually add chicken broth and cream, stirring constantly
8. Return to heat and bring rapidly to boiling, stirring constantly; cook 1 to 2 min. longer. Blend chicken into sauce. Gently stir occasionally and cook until chicken is thoroughly heated. Sprinkle chopped almonds over top.
9. Serve with curry accompaniments: freshly grated coconut, golden raisins, Indian chutney and Broiled Bananas.
Calories 639 Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.2%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.8 mg21.6%
Sodium 1076.2 mg44.8%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.8%
Sugars 23.3 g
Protein 22 g44.3%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet