Chicken Breasts With Sage
|Whole chicken breasts||3|
|Seasoned flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Thin ham slices||2|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh sage leaves||12|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Skin and bone the breasts and halve them lengthwise.
2. Coat them with seasoned flour.
3. Take a skillet and heat the butter and oil in it over moderate heat and lightly brown the chicken.
4. Similarly cut out narrow strips of ham and mix it with chicken.
5. When the chicken turns golden brown, add the white wine which is enough to coat the chicken breasts.
6. Stir in coarsely chopped sage.
7. Cover the pan with lid and cook the chicken for about 15-20 minutes at moderate heat.
8. Take it out from the serving dish and allow it to stay warm.
9. Increase the heat and boil it rapidly until the liquid reduces to thin coating texture.
10. Season it with salt and pepper.
11. Spread the sauce over the chicken.
12. Serve it with green vegetable and French bread.