Mustard Chicken Ragout
|Skinless chicken breast halves||2 Pound (4 Breast Halves)|
|Coarse grained mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Carrots||4 , cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Parsnips||2 , cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Low-fat sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Trim off all the excess fat from chicken breasts.
2. Spread some mustard on all sides of every breast.
3. Take a deep skillet and heat oil on low heat for 5 minutes or till the chicken turns brown.
4. Once done, transfer the chicken on a plate, cover, and keep warm.
5. Brown the carrots, onions, and parsnips for 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Add the stock and bring it to boil, scraping bottom of skillet.
7. Place the chicken again in the skillet and simmer the vegetables with chicken for 15 minutes or until properly cooked.
8. Transfer the cooked chicken to a serving platter.
9. Prepare a sauce by mixing parsley, sour cream, pepper and salt.
10. Pour the sauce on the top of chicken before serving.