Mushroom And Chicken A La King
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken fat||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pimento||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Cooked chicken||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), diced|
1. In a small saucepan, combine cream and milk and heat over a low flame. Set aside.
2. In a skillet, melt the chicken fat and butter.
3. Blend in the flour and sauté for a few minutes until cooked.
4. Gradually pour in the warm milk-cream, stirring vigorously to get a smooth sauce.
5. Cook on a low flame, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly.
6. Season sauce according to taste.
7. Tip in the chopped pimentos and sliced mushrooms and the cooked chicken.
8. Heat through and serve or place pan over a double boiler to keep warm until ready to serve.
9. Serve the stew over fried bread, muffins, in a vol-au –vent case or over rice or pasta.