|Elbow macaroni||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)|
|Thick white sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Made With Half Milk, Half Cream)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Pork||1⁄2 Pound, mixed with equal amount of veal, ground twice|
|Veal||1 Pound, mixed with equal amount of pork, ground twice|
|Chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Chopped pimiento||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cooked green peas||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat moderate oven (350°F.)
2) Cook macaroni and drain water.
3) In a bowl take white sauce and blend egg yolks and grated Parmesan.
4) Transfer on macaroni and mix well.
5) Grease a 3-quart casserole with butter and sprinkle dry bread crumbs on top to coat well.
6) In a skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter to make filling.
7) Mix onion and garlic and cook till onion is soft.
8) Stir in ground meat and chicken livers. Stir in between and cook for 15 minutes.
9) Mix remaining ingredients.
10) Stir and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
11) In the casserole add two thirds of macaroni mixture.
12) Keep the middle hollow and press macaroni firmly against bottom and sides.
13) Add the filling to the middle.
14) Layer with remaining macaroni covering the meat thickly.
15) Bake in oven for about 30 minutes.
16) Serve immediately.