Chicken En Croute
|Long grain rice||3 Ounce|
|Onion||3 Ounce, skinned and chopped|
|Lean streaky bacon rashers||3 Ounce, rinded and diced|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Dried apricots||3 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Banana||1 , skinned and chopped|
|Frozen chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, thawed|
|Shortcrust pastry||1 Pound (Made With 1 Pound Flour Etc.)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint|
1) Cook rice in salted boiling water until soften, drain and keep aside.
2) Skin the chicken.
3) In a pan, melt the butter.
4) Saute the onion and bacon.
5) Add curry powder with apricots and banana.
6) Cook the ingredients for few minutes and add rice.
7) Season with salt and pepper and leave it for cooling.
8) Stuff the chicken with rice mixture.
9) Secure the wings of the chicken with cocktail sticks.
10) Roll the pastry out in long 14 inch thick sheet.
11) In the centre of the pastry, place the stuffed chicken and seal all the sides of the pastry with beaten egg. 12) If any pastry trimmings are there, keep them for decoration the croute.
13) Glaze the outer layer of the pastry with beaten egg.
14) On a baking sheet, place the pastry parcel and in the oven bake at 450 degree F for 20 minutes. 15) Reduce oven temp. to 375 degrees F and cook for extra 1 hour.
16) In an oven proof plate, place the baked croute.
17) In the centre of the croute, make a small hole.
18) pour cream through the hole and keep the chicken again in oven for 10 minutes for heating.
19) Place the chicken on your dining table as a main stay.