Spicy Sesame Chicken
|Natural unsweetened yogurt||5 1⁄2 Ounce (150 Gram /1/2 Cup)|
|Lemon||1 Small, finely grated rind and juiced|
|Curry paste||2 Teaspoon (Medium Hot)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon wedges||4 (To Serve)|
1. Remove the skin from the chicken and make cuts in the flesh at intervals with a sharp knife.
2. In a bowl, combine the natural (unsweetened) yogurt, lemon rind, lemon juice and curry paste to form a smooth mixture.
3. Spoon the mixture over the chicken and arrange on a foil-lined grill (broiler) pan or baking tray (cookie sheet).
4. Place the chicken quarters under a preheated moderately hot grill (broiler) and grill (broil) for 12-15 minutes, turning once. Grill (broil) until golden brown and thoroughly cooked. Just before the end of the cooking time, sprinkle the chicken with the sesame seeds.
5. Serve with a salad, naan bread and lemon wedges.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1270 Calories from Fat 678
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.5%
Saturated Fat 22.5 g112.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 372.2 mg124.1%
Sodium 442.6 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.4%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 120 g239.1%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 76.4%
Calcium 24.4% Iron 38.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet