Crispy Topped Stuffed Chicken
|Boneless chicken breasts||22 Ounce, skinned (4 Breasts, About 150 G/5 1/2 Oz Each)|
|Orange bell pepper||1⁄2 Small, deseeded and sliced|
|Green bell pepper||1 1⁄2 Small, deseeded and sliced|
|Wholemeal breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small, halved and deseeded|
|Chopped tomatoes||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Red chili||1 Small, deseeded and chopped|
|Celery salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh tarragon||2 (To Garnish)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Slit the chicken breasts with a sharp knife to create a pocket in each. Season inside each pocket.
2. Place a sprig of tarragon and a few slices of orange and green (bell) peppers in each pocket. Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet (cookie sheet) and sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds.
3. Spoon 1 tbsp lemon juice over each chicken breast and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Preheat the grill (broiler) to hot. Arrange the red (bell) pepper halves, skin side up, on the rack and cook for 5-6 minutes until the skin blisters. Cool for 10 minutes; peel off the skins.
5. Put the red (bell) pepper in a blender, add the tomatoes, chilli and celery salt and process for a few seconds. Season to taste. Alternatively, finely chop the red (bell) pepper and press through a sieve with the tomatoes and chilli.
6. When the chicken is cooked, heat the sauce, spoon a little on to a warm plate and arrange a chicken breast in the centre. Garnish with tarragon and serve.