Barbecued Chicken Quarters with Warm Aioli
|Dried thyme||2 Teaspoon|
|Green salad||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (To Serve)|
|Lemon slices||3 (To Serve)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), crushed|
|Sunflower oil||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter / 1/2 Cup)|
|Olive oil||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter / 1/2 Cup)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||2 Tablespoon|
1. Using a skewer, prick the chicken quarters in several places then place them in a shallow dish.
2. Combine the oil, lemon juice, thyme and seasoning, then pour over the chicken, turning to coat the chicken evenly. Set aside for 2 hours.
3. To make the aioli, beat together the garlic and a pinch of salt to make a paste. Add the egg yolks and beat well. Gradually add the oils, drop by drop, beating vigorously, until the mayonnaise becomes creamy and smooth. Add the oils in a thin steady trickle and continue beating until the aioli is thick. Stir in the lemon juice and season with pepper. Set aside in a warm place.
4. Place the chicken on a preheated barbecue (grill) and cook for 25-30 minutes. Brush with the marinade and turn the portions to cook evenly. Remove and arrange on a serving plate.
5. Beat the water into the aioli and turn into a warmed serving bowl. Serve the chicken with the aioli, a green salad and lemon slices.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3560 Calories from Fat 2991
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 337 g518.5%
Saturated Fat 56.3 g281.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 742.4 mg247.5%
Sodium 789.8 mg32.9%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.1%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 120 g240.7%
Vitamin A 27.5% Vitamin C 55.5%
Calcium 35% Iron 104.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet