Herby Roast Chicken With Garlic Lemon Toasts
|Chicken||4 Pound (1.8 Kilogram)|
|Preserved lemon/Fresh lemon||1|
|Basil||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Bay leaf/3 dried bay leaf||1|
|Garlic bulbs||2 , sliced across the middle|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon (Plus Extra For Drizzling, If You Like)|
|Ciabatta loaf||1⁄2 , sliced|
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas
2. Stuff the chicken with the preserve of lemon, basil, bay leaves and 1 garlic bulb.
3. Place the chicken in a roasting pan.
4. Rub seasoning inside and out and drizzle olive oil all over the skin.
5. Roast in the preheated oven for 1 hr, basting regularly with the juices in the pan to keep the chicken moist.
6. Snuggle the other garlic bulb in the roasting pan after 30 minutes of cooking and roast along with the chicken for the final 30 minutes.
7. Check for the doneness of the chicken by inserting a skewer into the thigh. The juices must run clear
8. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and rest for at least 15 minutes, catching any resting juices.
9. In the mean while grill or toast the sliced ciabatta.
10. Squeeze the flesh of the roasted garlic onto the toasts and spead with a butter knife.
11. Remove the preserved lemon from the chicken cavity, roughly chop and scatter over the toasts.
12. Drizzle with more olive oil, if you like, and serve alongside the chicken to mop up all the juices.