Oven Broiled Chicken
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Use a large meat knife to quarter the chickens.
2. Remove backs and necks and clean out the livers and gizzards.
3. Make a stock of the undesirable pieces, strain and keep aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
5. Season each quarter of chicken well with salt.
6. In a large casserole arrange the chicken pieces, skin side down, in single layer
7. Spoon butter over each piece.
8. Cover the casserole and place in the preheated oven.
9. Roast covered for 1 to 1 ½ hours, turning the pieces occasionally so that they brown evenly on all sides.
10. When the chicken is tender, remove onto a platter and keep warm.
11. Add the remaining butter and the prepared stock to the juices in the casserole.
12. Place on a medium high flame and bring to a boil.
13. Reduce to a thick rich gravy and pour into a gravy boat.
14. Serve the roasted chickens with the gravy.
Calories 745 Calories from Fat 501
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.6%
Saturated Fat 22.3 g111.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 294.3 mg98.1%
Sodium 909.9 mg37.9%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.14 g0.54%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 54 g108.6%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.6% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet