Oven Broiled Chicken
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Use a large meat knife to quarter the chickens.
2. Remove backs and necks and clean out the livers and gizzards.
3. Make a stock of the undesirable pieces, strain and keep aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
5. Season each quarter of chicken well with salt.
6. In a large casserole arrange the chicken pieces, skin side down, in single layer
7. Spoon butter over each piece.
8. Cover the casserole and place in the preheated oven.
9. Roast covered for 1 to 1 ½ hours, turning the pieces occasionally so that they brown evenly on all sides.
10. When the chicken is tender, remove onto a platter and keep warm.
11. Add the remaining butter and the prepared stock to the juices in the casserole.
12. Place on a medium high flame and bring to a boil.
13. Reduce to a thick rich gravy and pour into a gravy boat.
14. Serve the roasted chickens with the gravy.