Quick Chicken Liver Pate
|Chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs) (To Cover)|
|Hard cooked eggs||2|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken fat/Butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a pan, simmer the chicken livers in the broth for 8-10 minutes, drain well.
2) With a medium blade food chopper or an electric blender, grind the liver with the hard-cooked eggs, adding a little cooking liquid.
3) In a skillet, gently saute the onion in the chicken fat or butter.
4) Then blend all the ingredients into a paste and add the salt and pepper to taste or a pinch of curry powder or a dash of cognac, if desired.
5) Serve in a lettuce cup or over the buttered toast fingers.