Chicken And Angel Hair Pasta
|Skinless chicken drumsticks||1 1⁄4 Pound (1 Package)|
|Dried italian herb seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Bacon slices||3 , diced|
|Pasta ready tomatoes with cheese||29 Ounce (Two 14 1/2 Ounce Each Cans)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Zucchini||1 Small, scrubbed and julienned|
|Angel hair pasta||12 Ounce, cooked, drained (1 Package)|
1) With the Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle the chicken.
2) Over medium-low heat, place a large nonstick skillet and cook the bacon for about 5 minutes till it is crisp. Remove from the skillet, drain and crumble the bacon.
2) Raise the heat to medium-high and add rhe chicken to the bacon drippings in the skillet. Alternatively, 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil can be used instead. Cook the chicken properly on all sides till it browns. Turn often.
3) Combine together the tomatoes, bacon, onion, wine and garlic in a large slow cooker. Add the chicken and cook over high heat for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours or till the meat is fork tender.
4) During the final 5 minutes of cooking, add the zucchini.
5) Serve chicken and vegetables hot over angel hair pasta.