|Roasting chicken||3 Pound (1.5 Kilogram)|
|Lime juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Tarragon sprigs/2 teaspoons tarragon in vinegar, drained||2|
|Chicken stock||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
|Charentais melon||1 , sliced|
|Lime slices||2 (For Garnish)|
1) Trim the chicken and remove giblets.
2) You may use them other time to make stock.
3) Do the chicken trussing.
4) In a flameproof casserole, put lemon rind, juice with tarragon and stock in it.
5) In the casserole, place the chicken with breast side downwards.
6) Cover the dish and cook on low flame for 1 3/4 - 2 hours.
7) Cook until the chicken juices run clear. Also turn the chicken in between while cooking.
8) Cut the quarters of the chicken and set them to cool.
9) Bring the cooking liquid to boil rapidly and let it reduce to half.
10) Season the liquid with salt and pepper and let it become cool.
11) On a serving dish, arrange the melon with endive.
12) Place chicken on top of the melon and endive.
13) While serving, pour some sauce over the chicken and garnish with lime slices.
14) Keep the remaining sauce on the side of the dish.