Sweet Sour Chicken Saute
|Canned pineapple chunks||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Heinz)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small, cut into thin strips|
|Green bell pepper||1 Small, cut into thin strips|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||1 Pound, cut into strips|
1. Draining the pineapple reserve the juice.
2. Combine juice with cornstarch and next 3 ingredients and set aside.
3. Into a large skillet spray with cooking spray.
4. Sauté peppers and onion until tender-crisp; remove.
5. Spray skillet again and saute chicken 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken changes color.
6. Stirring in reserved vinegar mixture let it cook 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked and sauce is thickened.
7. Put in vegetables and pineapple let it heat, stirring occasionally.
8. Serve with rice if desired.
Calories 263 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.4%
Saturated Fat 0.42 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg21.9%
Sodium 87.9 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 23.7 g
Protein 27 g54.5%
Vitamin A 21.7% Vitamin C 101%
Calcium 4% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet