Spicy Chicken with Olives
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Boneless chicken breasts||2 1⁄4 Pound, halved (With Skin Intact)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Green olives||6 Ounce, pitted (1 Can)|
|Canned chickpeas||15 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Scallions||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Coriander||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), squeezed|
|Lemon||1 , thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) Peel the garlic and crush under a flat blade.
3) Wash chicken breasts and cut into halves. Place in a 14 x 7 x 2-inch non-aluminum baking dish, with skin side up.
4) Place a saucepan over medium heat and melt butter in it. Mix lemon zest with the butter and stir in garlic, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, and Cayenne pepper.
5) Mix the sauce well and spread over the chicken. place the chicken breasts in the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
6) In the meantime, rinse chickpeas under running water and drain. Also drain the olives.
7) Wash and pat dry scallions and coriander. Trim and thinly slice the scallions. Chop the coriander finely.
8) In a clean bowl mix lemon juice, lemon slices, scallions, coriander, and olive oil. Stir in olives and chickpeas.
9) Now, once the chicken has baked, lower the oven temperature to 350°F. and spread the olive oil mixture over chicken and bake the chicken for 15 more minutes, till the time juices run clear.
10) Turn out on a serving platter and pour pan juices over.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2816 Calories from Fat 1149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g202.8%
Saturated Fat 42.4 g212%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 721 mg240.3%
Sodium 2605.2 mg108.6%
Total Carbohydrates 145 g48.4%
Dietary Fiber 36.3 g145.3%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 265 g529.5%
Vitamin A 197.3% Vitamin C 266.7%
Calcium 62.3% Iron 106.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet