Valentine Vol Au Vents
|Flour||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Flour||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Egg||1 Medium, beaten|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Celery sticks||2 Small, finely chopped|
|Cooked chicken||4 Ounce, chopped (100 Gram)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
1) Prepare the pastry, chill for about 30 min.
2) Preheat the oven to 450 Deg F (230 Deg C/Gas 8), well grease a baking tray.
3) On a lightly floured board, thinly roll out the pastry to ,cut with a pastry cutter dipped in the flour; place the shaped pastry on the greased baking trays and brush with beaten eggs.
4) With the small cutter dipped in the flour, press into middle of the shaped pastry to about half the depth.
5) Bake in the oven for about 10-12 min, until golden; remove and cool on a wire rack, on cooling, remove the pastry lids to scoop out the soft pastry from the cases.
5) Beat the cream cheese until fluffy, stir in the celery, chicken, salt, pepper and cayenne, blend well; spoon in the mixture into the pastry cases and place back the lids.
6) Serve on a nice serving dish.
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.4%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92 mg30.7%
Sodium 219.6 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 15 g29.1%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 0.74%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet