Country Captain Chicken
|Chicken pieces||3 Pound|
|Flour||1 , seasoned|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium, seeded and chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomatoes||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Marjoram||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Almond||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), blanched|
1) Remove all the skin from the chicken and dredge it properly with flour, shaking off the excess, if any.
2) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
3) Brown the chicken on all sides in heated oil till it has turned golden. Move cooked chicken to an ovenproof casserole.
4) Pour off all, except for 2 tablespoons, of oil and add the garlic, onion and pepper. Slowly cook to soften the vegetables.
5) Add the season and curry powder and cook, frequently stirring, for about 2 minutes. Add the parsley, tomatoes and marjoram. Bring mixture to a boil and pour it all over the chicken.
6) Cover the casserole and cook chicken in preheated oven for about 45 minutes. During the final 15 minutes of cooking, add the raisins or currants.
7) While the chicken is cooking, toast the almonds in oven on a baking dish along with the chicken. Watch carefully and keep stirring them carefully.
8) Serve chicken hot after sprinkling almonds all over.