Curried Peanut Chicken
|Unroasted peanuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Oven ready chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon peel strips||2 , thinly pared|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Bouquet garni seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , cut in half|
|Carrot||1 , roughly chopped|
|Celery stalks||1 , roughly chopped|
|Uncooked long-grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Crunchy peanut butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded and diced|
|Red pepper||1 , seeded and finely diced|
1) Stuff the lemon peel strips inside the chicken and rub the chicken skin with 2 teaspoons of the curry powder.
2) In a large saucepan place the chicken, add the onion, carrot, celery and bouquet garni seasoning and cover the legs with cold water.
3) Allow the water to a boil, lower the heat and simmer covered for about 50 minutes or until done. Remove and cool the chicken.
4) In a large pan of salted water boiling cook the rice until tender. Drain and rinse under cold running water, then drain well again.
5) Combine the vinegar and oil, then fold the mixture into the rice and mix thoroughly.
6) In a bowl blend the crunchy peanut butter, rest of the curry powder and garlic , then blend in the yogurt gradually.
7) Remove the skin and the bones from the chicken, cut the meat into 1-inch pieces.
8) Combine the chicken, raisins and green pepper with the peanut butter mixture .
9) Combine the red pepper with the rice . place around the edge of a serving plate, spoon the chicken mixture into the center and top over with the peanuts.
10) Place the rice mixture around the edge of a serving plate, spoon the chicken mixture into the center and top over with the peanuts and serve immediately.