Jellied Chicken with Lemon and Dill
|Chicken||6 Pound, skinned and cut into serving pieces (Two Birds Of 3 Ounce Each)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1|
|Virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Chopped fresh dill||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Unsalted chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Carrots||3 Large, thinly sliced|
|Green peas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Use a large casserole or Dutch oven.
3. Heat the olive oil in the casserole over medium flame.
4. Arrange the seasoned chicken pieces to the hot oil, and brown evenly on all sides.
5. Remove the chicken onto a plate.
6. In the same casserole, add onion and sauté till soft and translucent. Add half the dill and stir to combine with the onion.
7. Return the chicken to the casserole and lightly sauté to combine with the onions.
8. Pour the stock to cover the chicken.
9. Reduce the heat and simmer the chicken for 20 minutes.
10. Turn the chicken pieces and add the carrots and peas and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Check by piercing a knife into the fleshy part of the chicken; the juices should run clear.
11. Sprinkle the lemon juice over chicken and vegetables.
12. Take the casserole off the heat and cool to room temperature.
13. Transfer the chicken and vegetables along with broth to a serving glass or ceramic casserole.
14. Sprinkle the remaining half of the dill over chicken
15. Cover the casserole with its lid and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, allowing the stock to turn into jelly.
1. Serve the jellied chicken cold, in the casserole.