Chicken Breasts Sauteed With Cilantro
|Chicken breast halves||1 Pound, skinned and boned (4 In Number)|
|Safflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Light cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Cornstarch||1 Teaspoon, mixed with 1 tablespoon water|
|Unsalted chicken stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Finely chopped shallot||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato||1 Small, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Stemmed cilantro||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), coarsely chopped, 4 leaves reserved for a garnish|
1) Take a heavy bottomed skillet and place it over medium-high heat. Put oil and heat it.
2) Place chicken breasts in the skillet and saute for about 5 minutes on one side. Flip the meat and drizzle 1/8 teaspoon salt an pepper over it.
3) Cook the other side for about 4 minutes until chicken is firm. Put the chicken breasts aside on a hot platter.
4) Now, take a clean bowl and blend cream and yogurt in the cornstarch mixture.
5) Wipe the skillet with a paper towel and add stock and lemon juice. Stir in garlic and shallot and simmer on low heat for about 30 seconds.
6) Add yogurt mixture, remaining salt, and tomato and stir well. Simmer on low heat for a minute and then stir in cilantro.
7) Finally, spoon the sauce over chicken breasts.
8) Serve hot with rice, garnished with cilantro leaves, if desired.