Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms
|Fresh mushrooms||12 Large|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped cooked chicken breast||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||4 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Soft breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Divided)|
|Dried parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Rinse the mushrooms, remove the stems and chop them. Set the caps aside.
3) In a large skillet, melt the butter, add mushroom stems and sauté till they are tender.
4) Stir in the chicken and mix.
Into ¾ cup of breadcrumbs, stir the chicken broth and egg. Add the breadcrumb mix, parsley, salt and pepper and onion to the skillet. Stir properly.
5) Into the mushroom caps, spoon the chicken mixture. Sprinkle caps with the remaining breadcrumbs.
6) In a 9-inch square baking dish, place the mushrooms and add about ½-inch of water. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
7) Serve hot.