Terrine Of Chicken And Wild Mushrooms
|Extra virgin olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||2 Ounce, minced|
|Shiitake mushrooms||1 Pound, stemmed (Fresh Ones)|
|Minced fresh basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Divided)|
|Chopped cooked chicken||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Spinach||8 Ounce, trimmed, washed, well drained|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), chilled|
|Thin bacon slices||12 Ounce, blanched (16 Slices, Not Hickory Flavored)|
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Take olive oil in a large heavy skillet and warm on medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots and sauté for 5 minutes. Add ½ tsp salt with a dash of pepper and basil. Take off from heat and keep aside.
3. Take a food processor with steel blade, add half the chicken, half spinach and half from rest of the pepper and salt. Using 4 short pulses, with a 10 second gap, puree the mixture Via feed tube, add half the cream while processing. Repeat the process with rest of the chicken and other ingredients as mentioned.
4. Take a bowl and both purees.
5. Take a 5 X 9 X 3 inch non-stick bread pan and arrange bacon in rows, slightly overlapping each other with bacon end hanging out from pan edges.
6. Using a spoon, spread a ¼ inch thick chicken mixture layer on bacon to act as anchor for mushrooms. Top with 1/3rd mushrooms as a single layer. Arrange chicken and mushrooms, alternatively, with the last layer being chicken.
7. Arrange bacon strips atop terrine. Place in a large baking pan filled with 2 inch water. Take an aluminum foil, grease with butter and cover the pan, with buttered side in.
8. Cook for an hour or till teaser inserted comes out clean.
9. Transfer to rack, cool thoroughly and keep in the refrigerator for 8 hours to overnight.
10. Take a serving platter, turn the terrine onto it, cut into thin slices and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4082 Calories from Fat 2707
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 300 g461.5%
Saturated Fat 127.8 g639.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 752.8 mg250.9%
Sodium 4020.5 mg167.5%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.4%
Dietary Fiber 14.8 g59.2%
Sugars 51.9 g
Protein 188 g376.3%
Vitamin A 441.4% Vitamin C 116.8%
Calcium 53% Iron 49.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet