Chicken And Peach Sauce
|Fresh peaches||4 , cut into halves, pitted and sliced|
|Chicken pieces||3 Pound, skinned (4 Pieces)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Diced red pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Season the chicken pieces with the salt and pepper and keep aside.
3) In a large skillet, saute the chicken pieces in the heated oil for 8 to 10 minutes until evenly golden brown.
4) Remove and place the chicken pieces in an ovenproof casserole.
5) In the same skillet, saute the onion and garlic for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring at intervals until softened.
6) Add the ginger, red pepper and the chicken broth; stir continuously and bring to a boil.
7) Take off the skillet from the heat and stir in the lemon and lime juices.
8) Turn the mixture into the casserole over the chicken pieces.
9) In the same skillet, saute the sliced peaches in the melted butter over a medium heat for 6 minutes, turn frequently until slightly pulpy.
10) Transfer the sliced peaches into the casserole.
11) Bake covered in the preheated oven for an hour until the chicken is tender.
12) Serve the peach sauce over the chicken pieces on the bed of hot cooked rice .