|Virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Skinless chicken thighs||2 Pound (With All Surrounding Fat Removed)|
|Leek||5 Ounce, trimmed, cleaned, and coarsely chopped|
|Onion||4 Ounce, peeled and chopped|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned whole peeled tomatoes||15 Ounce (1 Can, In Juice)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), peeled, finely chopped|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Rosemary||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tarragon||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive over medium heat.
2. When the oil is hot, arrange the chicken thighs in the pan and cook them for 5 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
3. Transfer the thighs, to a large heavy bottomed saucepan, arranging them without overlapping.
4. To the drippings in the skillet, add leek and onion and sauté for 30 seconds.
5. Mix in the flour and cook for about 30 seconds.
6. Pour in the wine and add the tomatoes.
7. Empty the contents of the skillet over the chicken in the saucepan.
8. Heat over medium flame.
9. Further, stir in the garlic, mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper and soy sauce and combine with the chicken.
10. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally to prevent the chicken from scorching.
11. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 25 minutes until the chicken is tender.
12. Lastly, sprinkle the tarragon over the chicken and mix.
11. Serve two thighs per person, spooning the vegetables and sauce to coat the chicken.
Calories 323 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 539 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 32 g63.5%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 18.6%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet