Zesty Barbecued Chicken
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Chili sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Broiler fryer||3 Pound, skinned|
1) Set the microwave temperature to HIGH.
2) Mix well together the onion, green pepper, chili sauce, brown sugar, red wine vinegar and prepared mustard.
3) Take a 12- x 8- x 2-inch baking dish and place the chicken in it with the meatier portions arranged at the outer side of the dish.
4) Brush the chicken with about half of the sauce.
5) Use waxed paper to cover the chicken.
6) Microwave for 7 to 10 minutes.
7) Allow the excess chicken fat to drain off.
8) Turn the microwaved chicken and rearrange to place the uncooked portions towards the outer side of the dish.
9) Brush the remaining sauce over the chicken.
10) Cover and microwave again for 8 to 13 minutes or until completely cooked.
11) Serve the dish with baked potatoes.
Calories 781 Calories from Fat 463
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g79%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255.1 mg85%
Sodium 462.9 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.8%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 64 g128.1%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 27.1%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet