|Chicken pieces||4 (2 Breasts And 2 Legs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Carrots||2 , peeled|
|Pearl onions||24 , peeled|
|Frozen corn kernels||6 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In a Dutch oven or a deep saucepan, place the chicken with peppercorns, bay leaf and water. Cover and bring ingredients to a boil Bring the heat down and cook over low flame for 20 to 30 minutes, till the chicken is tender.
3) Remove the cooked chicken from the pot and let it stand to cool. Skim and discard all the fat from the broth’s surface and skin the chicken to remove the meat from the bones.
4) Continue to cook the broth over low flame to reduce it by nearly half. Strain the broth and then add the onions and carrot. Cook till the vegetables have tendered and then add the corn. Stir in the seasoning and cream and then add the chicken. Put concoction in a casserole.
5) Make the topping by sifting the dry ingredients in a bowl.
6) Till the mixture starts to resemble small peas, rub in the butter or margarine. Bind the mixture by stir in the required amount of milk.
7) On a lightly floured surface, turn the batter and knead it lightly.
8) With a floured rolling pin, roll out the dough and cut it into rounds neatly with a cookie cutter.
9) With the egg mixture, brush the surface of every round and place them on top of the chicken mixture.
10) Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
11) Serve immediately.
Calories 726 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.3%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.5 mg56.8%
Sodium 494.2 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g29.9%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 34 g68.2%
Vitamin A 85.2% Vitamin C 13.3%
Calcium 39.6% Iron 28.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet