Roast Chicken with Apples Turnips and Garlic
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Teaspoon|
|Golden apples||3 , peeled, cored and cut into eighths|
|White turnips||3 Small, peeled, quartered and thinly sliced|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), peeled|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2. In a small bowl, combine the paprika, pepper and salt.
3. Grease a roasting pan with butter or oil.
4. Rub the spice mix inside and on the chicken so that the meat is well seasoned.
5. Place the bird in the roasting pan
6. Arrange the apples, turnips and garlic around the chicken in the pan.
7. Squeeze lemon or sprinkle the lemon juice over the vegetables.
8. Place the roasting pan in the preheated oven and roast the chicken for 65-70 minutes Baste the bird with the pan juices two or three times during roasting, to keep the meat moist and succulent.
9. When the chicken has turned golden brown and the meat is tender, remove from the oven and transfer to the service platter. Allow the roast to rest for 15 minutes.
10. Skim the fat in the roasting pan.
11. Mash the vegetables and garlic with the pan juices and transfer into a serving bowl.
12. Serve the chicken whole, carving it at the table.
13. Pass the bowl of mashed vegetables at the table.