Pekin Fried Chicken
|Buttermilk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chicken breast halves||36 Ounce, boned, with skin intact (6 Halves, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Beer||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
1. Take 2 self sealing plastic bags and add buttermilk in equal amounts in both. Place 3 chicken breasts in each and secure the tops by sealing them. Turn the bags so that an even coating is formed. Place in the refrigerator for3 hours, turning once for proper marinating.
2. Take a deep bowl, mix flour, beer, baking soda, paprika, eggs and salt and keep aside the mixture for half an hour. Stir before use.
3. Heat 1 inch oil in a deep heavy skillet to 375°F.
4. Slide in 3 drained chicken breasts, dipped in batter, into oil and fry till crust turns golden brown.
5. Turn and continue to cook till the chicken is evenly brown and well cooked.
6. Using slotted spoon, transfer cooked chicken [if meat is evenly whitish] to paper towels. Place in warm oven till served. Repeat with other chicken breasts.
7. Serve hot directly from oven.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6289 Calories from Fat 4156
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 470 g722.7%
Saturated Fat 64 g319.9%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 1014.9 mg338.3%
Sodium 4127.2 mg172%
Total Carbohydrates 187 g62.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.1%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 297 g593.1%
Vitamin A 27.2% Vitamin C 21.9%
Calcium 21% Iron 101.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet