Chicken With Apricots
|Chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Apricot juice||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (From Soaked Fruit)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Dried apricots||1 Pound, soaked overnight|
1) Dice the chicken in small pieces.
2) Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the chicken pieces until they turn golden.
3) Remove the fried chicken pieces from the pan and add one tablespoon oil in the pan.
4) Add flour gradually to the oil as you stir continuously and drizzle with apricot juice.
5) Mix onion and allow simmering for 5 minutes.
6) Now, add the fried chicken pieces to the gravy, sprinkle sugar and seasoning, add the apricots and the remaining apricot juice.
7) Cover the pan with a lid and cook the chicken for 20 minutes or until tender.
8) You may add more water or apricot juice if the gravy becomes too dry.
9) Serve hot immediately.
10) You can also cool and store it and serve it later.
11) If you are serving the dish later, remember to heat the chicken gently until the chicken pieces are heated uniformly.
Calories 1234 Calories from Fat 501
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.9%
Saturated Fat 14 g70.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 265.9 mg88.6%
Sodium 379.8 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.6%
Dietary Fiber 9 g35.9%
Sugars 83.7 g
Protein 85 g170.1%
Vitamin A 89.6% Vitamin C 19.3%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 39.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet