Chicken With Apricots
|Chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Apricot juice||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (From Soaked Fruit)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Dried apricots||1 Pound, soaked overnight|
1) Dice the chicken in small pieces.
2) Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the chicken pieces until they turn golden.
3) Remove the fried chicken pieces from the pan and add one tablespoon oil in the pan.
4) Add flour gradually to the oil as you stir continuously and drizzle with apricot juice.
5) Mix onion and allow simmering for 5 minutes.
6) Now, add the fried chicken pieces to the gravy, sprinkle sugar and seasoning, add the apricots and the remaining apricot juice.
7) Cover the pan with a lid and cook the chicken for 20 minutes or until tender.
8) You may add more water or apricot juice if the gravy becomes too dry.
9) Serve hot immediately.
10) You can also cool and store it and serve it later.
11) If you are serving the dish later, remember to heat the chicken gently until the chicken pieces are heated uniformly.