Chicken Thighs Broiled With Sherry And Honey
|Chicken thighs||8 , skinned|
|Dry sherry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), finely chopped|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cornstarch||1 Tablespoon, mixed with 2 tablespoon dry sherry|
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Season the chicken with flour.
3. In a small saucepan boil the sherry for 7-10 minutes until reduced to half.
4. Take pan off the heat, and stir in the honey, garlic, vinegar and soy sauce.
5. Return the pan to the flame and blend in the cornstarch mixture into the sauce.
6. Boil the sauce for 1 minute, whisking constantly, until it is thickened.
7. Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
8. In a roasting pan, arrange the seasoned chicken and glaze with the sauce.
9. Place pan 4 to 6 inches from the heat source and broil the chicken for 6-7 minutes.
10. Turn the chicken legs, glaze with sauce and broil for another 4-5 minutes.
11. Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken and return to the broiler cooking for 5-10 minutes till the meat is tender.
12. Arrange the chicken pieces on a platter.
13. Spoon the sauce from the roasting pan over the chicken and serve hot.