Roasted Breast Of Chicken With Fava Beans Grilled Portobello Mushrooms And Tarragon
|Boneless chicken breasts||8|
|Carrots||4 Medium, medium diced|
|Celery stalks||4 , medium diced|
|Onions||2 , medium diced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Fresh thyme sprig||4|
|Yukon gold potatoes||1⁄2 Pound|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Finely chopped shallots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Fava beans||1⁄2 Pound, shelled|
|Portabello mushrooms||6 Ounce|
|Bunch of tarragon||1⁄2 Small (Or 1/2 A Small Bunch)|
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Place the bones of the deboned chicken in a roasting pan and brown them in the oven.
3. Add the carrots, celery, onions, garlic and thyme to the pan and continue roasting for another 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove pan from oven and transfer the contents in a large stock pot.
5. Cover the boned and vegetables with water and place the pot on a low flame.
6. Simmer the stock until it is reduced by 2/3.
7. Using a cheese cloth or a fine mesh strainer, strain the stock. Set aside for later use.
8. Slice the potatoes crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices and immerse them in a bowl of water to prevent browning. Drain and dry before cooking.
9. In a large heavy bottomed skillet, heat oil over a medium flame.
Add half the shallots and the sliced potatoes; sauté until potatoes are browned and tender.
Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Take off heat and keep aside
In a separate skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Saute remaining shallots and fava beans; season and set aside.
10. Brush the mushrooms with remaining olive oil and arrange on a baking sheet
11. Place under a grill or broiler until browned and tender; season with salt and pepper.
12. When slightly cooled, slice the mushrooms.
13. Combine the potatoes, fava beans and mushrooms and add the tarragon. Keep warm.
14. Season the chicken breasts and grill them for 10 minutes or until tender.
15. Meanwhile, reheat the reduced chicken stock, season to taste.
16. To assemble, on 4 dinner plates or deep dish plates, divide the vegetable mixture among the 4 plates, making a bed in the center of the plate.
17. Arrange the grilled chicken breast on top of the vegetables.
18. Ladle the sauce over the chicken.