KC Pomering from G-Free Foodie shows how easy it is to make a Roast Chicken with Tangerine and Onion.
6 Pound, rinsed and dried
5 , quartered
2 , peeled & sliced
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Gluten Free)
1. Preheat the oven at 425 degrees F.
2. Place the chicken in a large roasting pan. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken.
3. Stuff the cavity with the ends of the onion and 2 of the tangerine quarters.
4. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken to coat, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Tie the legs together with kitchen string or a roasting band and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken.
6. Scatter the onion slices and remaining tangerine quarters around the chicken.
7. Roast the chicken for about 90 minutes.
8. Remove to a platter.
9. Remove the onions and tangerine from the pan, place around the chicken on the platter and cover with aluminium foil.
10. For Sauce – in a pan add in the chicken stock bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Serve roasted chicken with sauce and enjoy!
Chicken with subtle and interesting flavors with a tangy feel is something to look forward to. Check out how to make Roast Chicken with Tangerine & Onion using a few simple seasonings along with tangerine and onions with the chicken. Good as whole or slices.
Calories 840 Calories from Fat 517
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g88.4%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g77.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 256 mg85.3%
Sodium 994.2 mg41.4%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 65 g130.1%
Vitamin A 17.2%
Vitamin C 38.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Roasted Chicken With Tangerine And Onion Recipe Video