Chicken A La King With Bacon
|Canned mushrooms||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned peas||6 Ounce (1 Small Can)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Onion salt||To Taste|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Diced cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped pimento||2 Tablespoon|
|Crisp bacon slices||6 , crumbled|
1) Drain the peas and mushrooms. Reserve the liquids.
2) In a saucepan, sauté mushrooms and celery together in butter till they are tendered and stir the flour in.
3) To the reserved liquids, add enough milk to make 2 cups of liquid. Stir into the flour mixture in the pan. Cook the concoction till is has thickened, stirring constantly.
4) Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste, soy sauce and onion salt.
5) Add chicken, pimento and peas to the concoction. Heat thoroughly.
6) Right before serving, add the bacon.
7) Serve hot.
Preparation can be served over toast points or in pastry shells.