The ingredients used are basic and turn an ordinary chicken into a taste of elegance and beauty. Typically, I'm not a fan of rosemary but I have to admit, my opinion may be changing very quickly. Rosemary despite it's aromatic strength as a fresh cut or even dried herb, becomes a subtle backdrop which sets the whole stage for this meal.
Fresh rosemary sprigs
4 Clove (20 gm), crush
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Under cold water clean the chicken inside and out, rub salt and wash the chicken.
3. Remove the giblets and trim extra fat from the skin.
4. Place the chicken in a roasting pan; coat the chicken with olive oil.
5. Season with salt and ground pepper. Place the garlic and rosemary sprigs inside and outside of the chicken cavity.
6. Make foil tent and cover the pan
7. Bake for 1 1/2 hours then remove tent, and baste chicken with the juices which have already accumulated.
8. Return to oven and cook another 30 minutes.
9. Once done remove and allow the chicken to rest.