Piri Piri Chicken
|Red chilies||2 , deseeded and finely chopped|
|Red pepper||1 , deseeded and roughly chopped|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Boneless chicken breasts||4 (Skin On)|
1. In a food processor jar, combine the chilies, pepper, vinegar, oil and seasoning.
2. Blend into a coarse paste.
3. Using a sharp tipped knife, make long slant slashes on the skin side of the chicken breasts.
4. Arrange them in a baking dish.
5. Pour most of the prepared marinade over the chicken breasts, reserving about 1/4 of it for basting the chicken.
6. Marinate the chicken for a minimum of 10 minutes at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator, turning the pieces several times to keep them coated with the marinade.
7. Heat a grill or frying pan and grease it with a little oil.
8. Cook chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side, turning once and basting with the reserved marinade on both sides.
9. Serve the chicken with a salad or over rice.
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg33.3%
Sodium 114.7 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.74 g3%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 40 g80.3%
Vitamin A 21.5% Vitamin C 82.8%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet