Gusto™ Hot Peppers provide spicy, delicate heat in the compound butter resulting in big flavor, while Maestro™ Sweet Bell Peppers sweeten the spuds.
For the chicken
1 Pound, softened
Mixed hot peppers
2 Medium, seeded, chopped (Gusto peppers used)
Flat leaf parsley
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
2 Pound (1 - 2 whole chickens)
Cracked black pepper
For the sweet pepper potatoes
Yukon gold potatoes
2 Pound, cooked, peeled, mashed
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)
Sweet bell peppers
2 Medium, roasted, pureed (Maestro Sweet red bell peppers used)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. In a food processor purée the butter, garlic cloves, hot peppers and flat leaf parsley until a chunky paste is formed.
3. In a pot of boiling water, boil the potatoes. When done, drain and peel.
4. Rub the mixture all over the chicken and under the skin liberally.
5. Sprinkle a little salt over it.
6. Place bird(s) in a roasting pan and roast for 45 minutes until juices run clear.
7. Meanwhile, mash the cooked potatoes. Add the butter, chives, pureed sweet red bell peppers. Mash to incorporate everything together.
8. Add 35% cream (if using) and season with salt and black pepper. Mix to combine everything well.
9. Serve the garlic chicken warm with the sweet pepper potatoes.
Gear up for a holiday feast with your family and friends with baked chicken and smashed potatoes. See the video and give a spicy kick to your chicken with hot peppers, butter and garlic. Pep up your meal with a great addition of roasted red pepper smashed potatoes. Take a look and give it a try...