Spicy Garlic Chicken with Sweet Pepper Potatoes
|For the chicken|
|Butter||1 Pound, softened|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium|
|Mixed hot peppers||2 Medium, seeded, chopped (Gusto peppers used)|
|Flat leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole chicken||2 Pound (1 - 2 whole chickens)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|For the sweet pepper potatoes|
|Yukon gold potatoes||2 Pound, cooked, peeled, mashed|
|Soft butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped chives||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Sweet bell peppers||2 Medium, roasted, pureed (Maestro Sweet red bell peppers used)|
|35% cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Optional)|
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. In a food processor purée the butter, garlic cloves, hot peppers and flat leaf parsley until a chunky paste is formed.
3. In a pot of boiling water, boil the potatoes. When done, drain and peel.
4. Rub the mixture all over the chicken and under the skin liberally.
5. Sprinkle a little salt over it.
6. Place bird(s) in a roasting pan and roast for 45 minutes until juices run clear.
7. Meanwhile, mash the cooked potatoes. Add the butter, chives, pureed sweet red bell peppers. Mash to incorporate everything together.
8. Add 35% cream (if using) and season with salt and black pepper. Mix to combine everything well.
9. Serve the garlic chicken warm with the sweet pepper potatoes.