Open Faced Roasted Chicken Sandwich
|Bone in chicken breast/Chicken thighs||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon, divided|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lower sodium chicken broth/Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sour cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Low carb white bread||4 , toasted and sliced in half diagonally|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Heat oven to 450°F Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
2. Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and cook until crisp and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
3. Turn chicken skin-side up and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the paprika. Pour any excess fat from pan. Transfer to oven and roast until chicken is just cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Transfer meat to cutting board. Set skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add broth, sour cream, mustard, remaining 1/2 teaspoon paprika, and cayenne. Simmer, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet, until liquid is reduced by half, 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Remove meat from bones and slice thinly. Arrange on toast and spoon gravy over chicken and bread. Serve, sprinkled with parsley.